The Elithian Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage

+5
JorgasElite
kingnecromancer
Ryiin Taemera
thunderpants
Aegonian
9 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Which Faction would you like to join, and what villages would you like to see?

New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage T5IHA4%New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage PURmt 4% 
[ 2 ]
New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage T5IHA9%New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage PURmt 9% 
[ 4 ]
New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage T5IHA2%New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage PURmt 2% 
[ 1 ]
New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage T5IHA15%New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage PURmt 15% 
[ 7 ]
New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage T5IHA19%New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage PURmt 19% 
[ 9 ]
New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage T5IHA23%New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage PURmt 23% 
[ 11 ]
New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage T5IHA17%New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage PURmt 17% 
[ 8 ]
New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage T5IHA11%New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage PURmt 11% 
[ 5 ]
New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage T5IHA0%New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage PURmt 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 47

Poll closed

New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage Empty New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage

Post by Aegonian Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:39 am

We will now start planning the new Elithian Minecraft Roleplay, and start building the map once we have decided what exactly to make.

Factions

The new Minecraft roleplay will have its members spread over three factions: The Elves, Humes and Orcs. On the whitelist application, all applicants will be able to chose either one of these factions. You can not change factions after you've joined one unless for a very important reason, so chose wisely.
- All info may be subject to change. In the poll above, you can choose what faction you would like to join if nothing would change. The results of this poll will decide how many members each faction can have. -
Here's some more info about the three classes:

Elves are peaceful beings who take great care of Nature. Their villages are usually built of stone and wood. They are often recognized by their green or brown clothing and pointy ears, although these are not often visible due to overlapping hair or possibly headgear.
Although peaceful by nature, they can grow very aggressive if provoked and will often use bows in combat. They usually also carry a stone sword with them to use in close combat. To remain fast and agile, Elves usually wear only light armour.

Humes are neutral beings who often live in large villages made of stone, wood, bricks and any other strong building materials. They vary greatly in appearance.
In warfare, Humes usually use close-range weapons like swords, which are usually made of iron. Armour, both heavy and lightweight, is very common amongst Humes.

Orcs are aggressive beings usually living in small, wooden houses. They are unlikely to live in permanent villages, so their houses are usually easily constructed and torn down. They can always be identified by their green to yellow, or at times, brown skin and large jaws.
In combat, Orcs usually use simple close-range weapons made of stone or wood, but their armour is often supreme to that of any other being.

Villages
The new server will use several Bukkit plug-ins, one of which is Towny. This plug-in allows people to register towns and nations, and protect them against outsiders.
The Elves and Humes will each have two villages of varying size, which will be built at strategic locations on the map. The Orcs, on the other hand, usually have only one village that is moved every once in a while. These are the current registered villages:

- Still planning. You can vote for what village you would like to see build in the server in the poll above -

- More to come soon -

Last edited by Aegonian on Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage YvlSz New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage Empty New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7001
Location : Planet Elithia. In my humble home in Aegonia's capital city; Creon.

https://elithianalliance.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage Empty Re: New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage

Post by thunderpants Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:13 am

Sounds Great!

I'd happily be an orc! Even if no else is one!

Someone needs to make a mod that changes the body shape of the player...

So Orcs are Hunched over, and dwarfs and other short things can be short!

However you said Orcs should be moving constantly, what about this mod,
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/misc-tentthis-v2-2-0-portable-tent-and-more-system-670.10055/
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage 916tM New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7046

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/thunderpants

Back to top Go down

New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage Empty Re: New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage

Post by Ryiin Taemera Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:23 pm

All right, I'm definitely adding that plug-in. You should build a tent sometime, I'll make the schematic.
Ryiin Taemera
Ryiin Taemera
Haero
Haero

New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage SbAcb

THEA-Points : 5333

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Ryiin Taemera wrote:All right, I'm definitely adding that plug-in. You should build a tent sometime, I'll make the schematic.

I was going to say, I can easily make the schematic via the code...

Would you mind If I make say 3 tents? Orc 1, Orc 2 and Orc 3? They would be slightly different, to offer some diversity!

Also what about a signal beacon tent? You place it and it ignites burning away to just a cobblestone block which you can remove...

Last edited by thunderpants on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage 916tM New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiin Taemera Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:34 pm

All right, server is on now. Join us.
Ryiin Taemera
Ryiin Taemera
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Orc 1

Code:
<tentSchema="Orc 1">
<destructionBlock=05>
<dimensions=5,6>
<floors=5>
<color="brown">
<floor>
35.00.BH.00.35.
35.00.BF.00.35.
05.05.DB.05.05.
</floor>
<floor>
</floor>
<floor>
</floor>
<floor>
</floor>
<floor>
</floor>
</tentSchema>
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiin Taemera Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Already spotted a flaw. On the second "floor", you forgot to make the top door.
Ryiin Taemera
Ryiin Taemera
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:44 pm

Ryiin Taemera wrote:Already spotted a flaw. On the second "floor", you forgot to make the top door.

I think it's like that in the basic schematic... It still should generate the door!
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiin Taemera Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Good grief, you are absolutely right. Though I wonder why the author added the top-door block as well?
Ryiin Taemera
Ryiin Taemera
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:54 pm

An updated texture pack (32x32) will be released very soon, with a few changes made to it to make the world even more RP-ish: Yellow flowers have been changed to look just as wheat (although the actual wheat can still easily be recognized because of the unique way the textures are placed on the block), so that we can easily create enormous fields full of (useless) wheat, which can't be destroyed by mobs walking all over the place. Also, yellow wool has been changed to look like some kind of hay bale. Also, Glowstone now looks like stained glass.
I will change the texture of sponges to fit the tent plug-in, but I am unsure what exactly to make... Should it just be a wooden box full of materials?

I'm not sure if a 16x16 pack will be made, but we can just try to resize all texture from the 32x32 pack. Not sure how that would look, though.

Suggestions for improvement/changes are welcome.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage YvlSz New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage Empty New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:57 pm

Okay, I think the use of Yellow flowers as natural wheat is good, along with the glowstone + yellow hay! I just cant wait to see the server rp'ing although I have an idea...

Why not, not build anything out of RP and build it in RP? (Although spawning in Nether-things and wool colours!)

That way Orcs wont get bored while your building!

Ryiin Taemera wrote:Good grief, you are absolutely right. Though I wonder why the author added the top-door block as well?

The tops work aswell! They have different bugs...

Also on the plugin front can we have a Name-hiding plugin, so we actually spy on things...
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:16 pm

We'll build a small port town on the spawn (the spawn is somewhere on a small island in the middle of a sea, but the mainland can still be seen from up there). Then we'll build some small ports on the mainland, after which the RP will start.
Once we start (or probably before we start), each faction must divide into two groups (amount may vary based on the size of the factions), to be able to build two villages for each faction. Leaders must be chosen, who will act as mayors in-game. Also, each group should decide what kind of village they will build, and once the RP starts, all groups can travel to any one of the Mainland ports and find a place to start their village.

I'll be working on default skins for each faction soon. You are encouraged to create a skin by yourself, but to those who aren't very good at texturing, there are the default skins. Obviously, you can not just use the default skin: You'll have to edit it a bit, for we do want variety.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:30 pm

*Cough* Basis of My skin *Cough*

Very Happy Pleasure to help!
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:52 pm

thunderpants wrote:*Cough* Basis of My skin *Cough*

Did some editing with Paint.net, looks even better now:

New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage Orc
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Aegonian wrote:
thunderpants wrote:*Cough* Basis of My skin *Cough*

Did some editing with Paint.net, looks even better now:

New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage Orc

Maybe give the helmets to higher ranking orcs? Like the 2 bosses mayors?
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Will do, but they won't be the ones on your skin file. I'll start working on them right now, Ryiin's still busy with configuring plug-ins and such.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Aegonian wrote:Will do, but they won't be the ones on your skin file. I'll start working on them right now, Ryiin's still busy with configuring plug-ins and such.

Okay Dokey... I've made some sprite heads from the skin I had.... They sucked

Last edited by thunderpants on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Here you go, an Orc leader's skin:

New Minecraft Roleplay - Planning and building stage OrcLeader2

I gave him a stone/metal helmet, a slightly improved belt, arm wrists of stone/metal, and his shoes have been changed a little. Also, he now has shoulder pads!
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Okay time to reedit to fit my character!

THANK YOU!
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Quick question sine you mentioned orcs not having cities, does that mean we will have to stash our treasures in hidden stores?

And can the Orcs raid villages? And can we build a permanent city, which we can retreat if all of our camps get destroyed?
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:12 am

woah the orcs look cool! im in!
Can i be your second in command notix :3 pirat with an eye patch like that.
Anyway, i would like a Treetop city for orcs.Kinda fits, i guess, it seems more for elves, but what the heck! Lets try it! Smile
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

THEA-Points : 6234

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/kingnecromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:59 am

kingnecromancer wrote:woah the orcs look cool! im in!
Can i be your second in command notix :3 pirat with an eye patch like that.
Anyway, i would like a Treetop city for orcs.Kinda fits, i guess, it seems more for elves, but what the heck! Lets try it! Smile

So you don't want to test your luck going with the other orc tribe?

Well us Orcs need numbers!

Also will we use a plugin to make factions?
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Orcs might be able to stash their treasures in hidden places, but as they won't be inside the villages, they are not allowed to have an LWC protection. Raiding villages is allowed as well, but shouldn't happen too often and as we will probably use LWC, stealing from chests can be hard.
Also, I like the idea of a permanent Orc village in case all camps fall. I think it should be a fort made of wood and a bit of stone, somewhere on the side, or perhaps top, of a mountain.

The factions and towns will be made using the Towny plug-in, which allows the creation of towns and nations. Towns can claim chunks (for some money, we'll use Iconomy), and when a player enters a claimed chunk, he/she will get a message in the chat log that shows the name of the town you just entered. If you leave claimed chunks, you will be informed that you entered the wilderness.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:50 pm

I was going to suggest the orc hold, being in a cave system...

Just to confuse would be attackers!

Also I forgot towny had the faction support!

Could we get this mod for sheer coolness?
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-portecoulissante-v1-2-0-easy-and-realistic-portcullises-556-670.7346/
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:51 pm

We might be installing that plug-in, it looks great!

Also, I've been working on a few tents: I made on for the Elves, one for the Humes, and two 'tents' for the Orcs: They are both wooden huts, made of logs, planks and fences, that have at least one bed inside them. They have no doors, chests or other things inside them, so those should be added by whoever places the huts. The first of these huts is a small one for 'common' Orcs, having only one bed and rather little space. The second is a larger hut, with a bit of decoration on its roof, made especially for the Orc Leaders. They have two beds and a whole lot more space, so more chests can be placed inside them.
I'm now going to make a third 'tent', which will be a wooden guard tower. I can either show you the tents in-game sometime soon, or make layer-by-layer schematics in Paint.net, depending on your preferences.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next