Galactic Map

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Galactic Map

Post by Aegonian on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Galactic Map

The Galactic Map uses a simple coordinate system: A 360 degree system is combined with a simple linear distance system, enabling people to use coordinates like 21:60, where 21 stands for the degree, and 60 stands for the distance from the core, measured in Avery (1 Av = ±536.4 ly). For three dimensional coordinates, coordinates like 21:60:-05 are used: the -05 stands for the vertical distance (in Avery) from the 60Av-line. In this case, the last number is negative, meaning that this location is slightly below the 0-plane of the Milky Way.

The Milky Way, more commonly called the Gar-Aerith, has also been divided into a number of sectors. An example of a sector is Faros Dotat-B: the map below should be self-explanatory.
There are a total of 12 Ros-lines (like Faros and Geros): the inner Ros-line is Core, the outer Ros-line is Laros. In very short messages, these sectors are often abbreviated even further: Faros Dotat-Beta becomes FDB, for example. Note: Caros is abbreviated as C, but Core is abbreviated as Co!

On this map, individual Aerithii (planetary systems) are marked with small coloured dots. The current list is:

- Gar-Aeroix, Green, Geros Etnet-A
- Hyzilfos Aeroix, Blue, Geros Etnet-A
- Sycentia Aeroix, Purple, Deros Botat-G
- Sol Aeroix, Red, Haros Fentat-A

Last edited by Aegonian on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:26 pm; edited 4 times in total

"Some seek the destination, others are content with the path" - Lyiin Taemera, great leader of the Aegi

"I shall cleave the heavens and shake the grounds, I shall set ablaze the waters and douse the stars: I am all, I am Creaton!" - Creaton, Thelean overlord

'Confraternita del Taemera'
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

THEA-Points : 4624
Location : Planet Elithia. In my humble home in Aegonia's capital city; Creon.

http://elithianalliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Galactic Map

Post by Sataz on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:41 pm

nice map Smile

Haero
Haero

THEA-Points : 2723

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:41 pm

The good thing is, it finally allows us to write coordinates that actually make sense in our messages!

"Some seek the destination, others are content with the path" - Lyiin Taemera, great leader of the Aegi

"I shall cleave the heavens and shake the grounds, I shall set ablaze the waters and douse the stars: I am all, I am Creaton!" - Creaton, Thelean overlord

Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer on Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:49 pm

My only complaint is that it does not get divided further Razz

Nahagi

THEA-Points : 3857

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/kingnecromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian on Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:52 pm

I've actually wanted to update this map for a long time, and your comment reminded me of that. I've now uploaded a new version of the map, which divides every sector into Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta sectors, and added it the the OP. I've had to use a different image of the Milky Way for this version, which led to the systems being moved around a bit. The Gar-Aeroix and Hyzilfos Aeroix are still in the same sectors, however.

Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:39 pm

I like the update! It has a more professional look to the previous one, which was good but was starting to feel just a tad outdated (mid-2000's maybe?). This one feels modern, 2011-2012, with that pristine, HD, crisp look. I hope that makes sense, what with resolution and all.

Nahagi

THEA-Points : 3857

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/kingnecromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum