The Elithian Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod - Page 2 Empty Re: Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod

Post by JorgasElite Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Mooshroom head. Smile

Along with the Mooshrooms, how about there could be rare shroom caves filled with mycelium and giant mushrooms. Maybye even Mooshrooms too. With 1.5 mushroom stew isn't that good anymore.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod - Page 2 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 6402

Back to top Go down

Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod - Page 2 Empty Re: Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod

Post by thunderpants Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Yeah definitely we need mooshrooms (maybe they have there own toxic spores, like the furnaces to make them risk/reward. Also Bullstools.

I'm guessing with all the dangerous gases we need gas masks.

Mob Heads should be able to be crafted with a Plank for a wall mounting, or a leather for a floor rug and maybe even Fish + Plank + Noteblock singing fish wall mounting.

So yeah should we list mobs we want to add?
Dire Wolves (Bigger, and always angry)
Tigers (Jungle Wolves)
Mummies (Desert Zombies)
Mudcrabs (Swamp Spiders)
Seacrabs (Ocean Spiders)
Raptors (Why not!)
Swamp Spiders (Cave Spiders)
Frosts (Snow Blazes)
Fish (Nom nom nom)
Bulls (Angry Charging Cows)
Bullstools (Angry Charging Mooshrroms)
Cockerels (Loz Cucco anyone?)
Boar (Aggressive Pigs)
Ram (Charging Sheep)
Ender Drake (Non flying, armless Chickenlike dragons who can push you back by flapping their wings.)
Wither Zombies (Can inflict Wither)
4 different Dryads (Twiggy creatures who can inflict slowness and bonemeal the ground on death)
Frost Cube (Snowy Slimes)

Lastly did I suggest a temperature bar?
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod - Page 2 916tM Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod - Page 2 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7068

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/thunderpants

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:02 pm

I like the list of mobs, definitely Mudcrabs.

One small thing, how about making villages more common than vanilla, but not super common. Vanilla sometimes is ridiculous with certain things.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sataz Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:00 pm

I had also thought about making it so that predators eat the animals, but that would probably involve using a dynamic model to keep the animal species in balance (meaning that if there are loads of pigs then there are loads of wolves and if there are little to no pigs then there would be no wolves)
Sataz
Sataz
Haero
Haero

THEA-Points : 5122

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:03 pm

Piranhas would be awesome! The Vanilla waters are a bit too safe, and small piranhas would really spice things up a bit. Maybe some underwater vegetation? If piranhas could hide in it, that would make it even more fun!

I like the idea of a temperature management! Not sure if it should be shown as another bar (we're starting to have a lot of bars!), but having to wear thick clothes/drink warm drinks in cold areas, and wear few clothes/drink cool drinks in warm areas would be awesome! If warm water would cool down over time (and cool water warms up), that would also add the need to properly prepare before heading into, let's say, a desert. Maybe change the texture of hearts in warm and cold areas? glowing red hearts in warm areas, and frozen hearts in cold?

I also agree that villages could be a bit more common, but not overly so. Strongholds, too, as their a lot of fun to explore, but I've rarely found them in-game. That could also be due to the fact that they aren't easily spotted from the surface - they're often entirely underground. Maybe add some sort of shaft to all of them?
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod - Page 2 YvlSz Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod - Page 2 Empty Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod - Page 2 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7023
Location : Planet Elithia. In my humble home in Aegonia's capital city; Creon.

https://elithianalliance.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Yeah we have a silly number of bars at the moment.

We have the default of Health, Hunger, Armour, Air and EXP.

We wanted to add Thrist (above Hunger?), Stamina and Energy

Perhaps Stamina and Energy could be radial bars to the left and right of the hotbar.

And I do like the idea of having the hearts change colour based on temperature, but perhaps too hot is all hot hearts and too cold is all cold hearts, then making ideal 5 hot hearts, 5 cold hearts.

Also we could make heat increase the rate at which you become thirsty and cold increase the rate you become hungry.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod - Page 2 916tM Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod - Page 2 SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Great ideas! I like the idea of having the radial bars next to the hotbar - that should solve some spacing issues. The additional effects of heat and cold are also nice! Maybe let too much heat drain health, and too much cold drain energy/stamina (Monster Hunter style)?
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod - Page 2 YvlSz Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod - Page 2 Empty Hypothetical, Theoretical, Utopian Mod - Page 2 SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:47 pm

Allright, the mod looks pretty big. I did notice that all the bars kinda remind me of the needs mod, which I can't find at the moment, but it was a mod which had a bunch of needs and fulfilling them would grant bonuses, while neglecting them gave penalties and then death.
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

THEA-Points : 6256

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/kingnecromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:37 pm

This is how I think Metalcrafting should be improved

1) You cannot just go Ore>Ingot>Tool
2) Anvil's current properties moved to Recrafting Table
3) Tools have different prefixes improving durability and speed
Assembled (-30% Durability and -10% Speed)
Hammered (-20% Durability and -5% Speed)
Worked (-10% Durability)
Crafted
Well-Made (+10% Durability and +5% Speed)
Forged (+20% Durability and +10% Speed)

and a heat which is to do with crafting
White Hot
Red Hot
Hot
Warm

The process of Crafting now goes as follows

0) Obtain Ore
0 b) [OPTIONAL] Craft Ore with Reactant to get Ore Extracts in place of Ore
1) Smelt Ore to obtain Molten Ore
1 b) [OPTIONAL] If you want an Alloy Craft the correct Molten Ores together
2) Use Molten Ore on Water or Cauldron of Water to get Ingot
3) Craft with Ingot, for tools and armour the following steps apply
4) Place Item in Furnace to obtain White Hot Item
4 b) [OPTIONAL] You can reclaim some metal by placing the White Hot item back in to turn it into molten metal
5) Place Item on Anvil and use the hammer function lowering the heat level by one at a time. When the Tool drops below warm it increases a craft tier.
5 b) [OPTIONAL] You can instead use a piston smashing onto the anvil to skip down 2 heat levels at a time.
6) Repeat steps 4-5 until you reach the desired craft tier. However without using step 5 b) the max craft tier is Crafted.

So yeah to create tools efficiently you need.
2 Furnaces
1 crafting table
1 Anvil
1 Cauldron
1 Piston
1 Lever

Also I want to add the following Metals and Alloys
Zinc
Tin
Copper
Brass (2 Copper + 1 Zinc)
Bronze (1 Copper + 1 Tin)
Steel (3 Molten Iron + 1 Coal)
Galvanised Iron (Iron Item + Zinc Extract)
Galvanised Steel (Steel Item + Zinc Extract)
Rose Gold (1 Gold + 1 Copper)
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:59 am

Nice ideas! I do think that we should increase the default durability of the metal tools a bit, as it will now take a lot longer to actually craft the tools: they're not as expendable anymore.

I guess wood and stone tools will still be crafted as they are in Vanilla, but what about diamond tools and armour?
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Stone and wood, yeah craft the same.

I'm not sure about diamond... Perhaps we need some form of gem cutting system...
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:03 am

I was thinking of an extra small thing to add on as decor, how about the ability to engrave stone and wood with a chisel? It could be used to write things on like a sign, but on the block itself.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:00 pm

If that can be done, that would be awesome! It could, for example, be used to create actual gravestones, or to carve an owner's name into his/her house. Not sure what the colour of the text should be though: contrast might be a problem.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Just thinking it through it would be very difficult to pull off, unless we created clones of the Sign without the background white texture, and instead only used the block texture it's placed on.

It could be done in a custom font that looks like cracks/engravings in the block.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:00 pm

So it would actually just be a sign with different textures? I don't suppose the position of the entity can be changed? It would be nice if we could move it further into the block, so it almost looks like the text was actually written on the block.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Yeah we could just render the text and have it against the block...
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:53 pm

How about when stone breaks, it drops pebbles, which when combined 3x3 will make cobblestone.
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:16 am

How many pebbles would drop from a stone, because if it only drops 1 pebble then that would be a little underpowered.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:50 am

1-4 pebbles, maybe?
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:12 pm

I could live with it dropping 2-4, because you wouldn't have to mine a ton of stone to actually build something.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:10 pm

If it requires 9 pebbles to craft one cobblestone block, and only 2-4 pebbles are dropped, you'll need to mine 5 blocks for one cobblestone block if you're unlucky: seems a bit much to me. Many have it require only 4 pebbles to craft it, much like clay?
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum