The Elithian Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information

4 posters

Go down

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Empty LittleBigPlanet 2 Information

Post by Goober09 Sun May 09, 2010 4:40 pm

LittleBigPlanet 2 has been released (yay!). For the convenience for those who wish to know about LBP2, I will keep this information thread here.

Wikipedia Article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LittleBigPlanet_2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LittleBigPlanet 2 Announcement Video
WARNING: This video may cause: Passing out due to the awesomeness, jittering, getting LBP2 stuck to your mind, vomiting, seizures, and excessive talking about LBP2.

The big screen adds to the awesomeness. 8)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure most of you guys are extremely excited about the gaming evolution, LittleBigPlanet 2, that's hitting the shelves this winter.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information News-lbp2-announce

So I thought I'd give you guys a little heads up on what's going to be in this "platform for games". Please note that this is only the information that Mm provided on the LBP2 site (the same site where I found the video).

WARNING: This information may cause: Passing out due to the awesomeness, jittering, getting LBP2 stuck to your mind, vomiting, seizures, and excessive talking about LBP2. Same things apply to the video.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Handmade Arcade

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Feature-handmade

A powerful new set of tools awaits you, tools that vastly widen the scope of possibility, and that hand you the power to create WHOLE GAMES.

Through a familiar but revamped Popit, you can bring your characters to life, compose your own music, direct cinematic masterpieces, wire controllers directly in to your contraptions, connect easy to use switches, microchips and circuit boards to build epic bosses, vehicles, machines, and puzzles.

Make your wildest dreams come true, yes, even that one.

Our Grandest Handmade Adventure

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Feature-adventure

Bring your little Sackperson on a brand-spanking-new adventure, wrought with mild, and possibly even pant-wetting peril, and spanning an entire cosmos of tomfoolery...

Happy that no more demands are being made to him after his successful adventure to return sharing to LittleBigPlanet, it’s all going swimmingly for Sackboy... That is, until a some kind of inter-dimensional, hyper-spatial, 1800 watt Vacuum Cleaner appears in the skies, causing quite the ruckus and sucking Sackboy up into its musty bowels. All jolly sinister and most inconvenient.
Happily, a jolly nice fellow named Larry Da Vinci intervenes and rescues him from what has come to be known as The Sucker. Da Vinci, it turns out, is in charge of “The Alliance”, a semi-secret, semi-organised group devoted to fighting The Sucker before it destroys the whole Cosmos.

You’re about to get recruited, I’ll bet my teeth! A grand adventure is afoot, with a butt-load of new themes, toys, enemies and all manner of shenanigans.

One Big Community

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Feature-community

2 Million levels ready to play.

LittleBigPlanet is a manifested embodiment of your perfect dream world. It’s all about your imagination, and your creativity and to date you’ve filled it with over 2 million levels.

LittleBigPlanet 2 is part of that very same dream world, it’s all one big ever-expanding cheese-stuffed-crust community, which means each and every one of those two million creations will be yours to play, right out of the box, along with everything you’ve already collected or built in LittleBigPlanet.

Play, Create, Share and Discover

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Feature-share

With two million creations out there, and millions more to come, it’s important that you’re able to find the experience you’re looking for. We’ve expanded Share to enhance your ability to discover exactly what you want to find.

We’ve given the searching system a total overhaul, and we’ve added Activity Streams so you can follow your friends and hearted creators to see what they’e getting up to, helping you unearth all the top notch playable nuggets that are popping into existence all around you.

A new web portal will give every single LBP creation its own home on the web, with a page for every creator and every level. Browse creations online to find fab levels, add them to your queue to play later on, check photos, comments, leader-boards, create and share playlists, and easily promote your levels and games wherever you might hang out online.

I smell a revolution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything You Need To Make Your Own Game

With our new toolset in your little burlap hands, you’ll have all the ingredients of a great game laid out before you, waiting for you to stew them up into something nutritious.

Lovable Characters

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Feature-sackbots

Add life to your levels by dropping in a couple of Sackbots, then tweak ‘em to fit your purpose: style, shape, resize and dress them up nice, and then bring them to life with digital puppetry; either choosing their behaviour or recording your own. Sackbots can be friends or foes, robots or zombies... whatever you need them to be.

Cinematic Masterpieces

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Feature-cutscenes

You no longer have to be an academy award winning film maker to build great game cinematics (although it will help it has to be said.) New cinematic tools make it pretty darn simple to wheel in a couple of cameras into your level, choose the angles, zoom in, make it pan, sweep, fade out, or other technically named camera moves, and then string them all together to tell a story... With these tools there’s no need to stop at cut scenes either; combine the new cameras with Sackbots and you could create music videos, short films or even entire movies. You’re going to be a box office smash.

Your Own Controls

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Feature-control

Open up the guts of the Controller by placing a Direct Control Seat into the world, popping up its controller shaped circuit board, and wiring the buttons to whatever you like - switches, motors, sound objects... Your vehicles and creations can behave exactly the way you want them to, or you can just wire up all the controls to various burping noises to make a crude instrument. With Direct control you can take Sackboy out of the picture, and make a game that doesn’t even remotely resemble ours. Your very own handmade arcade.

Intelligent Machines, Bosses, Puzzles and Vehicles

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Feature-microchips

LittleBigPlanet allowed you to string together vast piston-fuelled logic systems to control your bosses,vehicles, puzzles and machines. We’ve taken that system and simplified it to save on effort, space, thermometer load, and allow for far more advanced setups.

Circuit boards are your new friends, the very best friends you’ll ever have. You can resize them, cover them in all manner of switches, wire it all up, and then shrink it down to a tiny, tiny microchip... stick that on your creation, and give it all the logic you’ve just defined.

Remember that insane calculator level, made up of hundreds of pistons? You can fit that entire thing into one microchip.

Grin-Inducing Power-Ups

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Feature-powerups

Since the dawn of game, power-ups, enhancements and special abilities have enabled video game characters to go that extra mile, faster, bigger, and better equipped than they’d otherwise be. So what great game would be complete without them?

We’ve crammed in a whole bunch of new things for Sackboy to play around with, including a swell Grappling Hook, and nifty Bounce-pads for springy-flippy action. We’ve also got a few surprises up our fashion-conscious sleeves, so watch out!

Last time, you took a disc of 50 levels, and did more than we could ever imagine,
so we simply can’t wait to see what you do with this."

Last edited by Goober09 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Goober09
Goober09
Calion
Calion

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information 916tM LittleBigPlanet 2 Information SbAcb

THEA-Points : 5266

Back to top Go down

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Empty Re: LittleBigPlanet 2 Information

Post by thunderpants Sun May 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Now I need a PS3 to play it...
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

THEA-Points : 7068

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/thunderpants

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Mon May 24, 2010 12:50 pm

Gravity modification confirmed!

This is one of the pictures on the official web site:

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Lbp2-announce-screenshot19
(Look at the right side of the pic)
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information YvlSz LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Empty LittleBigPlanet 2 Information SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7023
Location : Planet Elithia. In my humble home in Aegonia's capital city; Creon.

https://elithianalliance.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexxM Mon May 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Oh man, this looks amazing... My birthdays this Thursday and I asked for LBP, and I'm almost positive I'll get it. But man that game looks amazing, with the awesome and the cool stuff and thyggggggggggggjhfggggggggjsggggggggggjtgggggggkldsfgggggggggggggggggg'ki[Ommjp;o Woe, I just passed out from amazingness! Also Aegonian, what's your PSN name?
AlexxM
AlexxM
Calion
Calion

THEA-Points : 5208
Location : On Quarisub, that planet up there. Where do you think I am?

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Mon May 24, 2010 9:06 pm

I wonder how much a PSP/PS3 (What ever console this is on) is...

Someone needs to make the Props from LBP to GA Props!

I want to make an adventure with the Sackbots, they're so cute!!!
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexxM Tue May 25, 2010 3:44 am

A PS3? Depends which one you want. They get more expensive the more memory they have... But I got mine, a used whatever-gigabyte one fore $220, but the normal cost for the standard PS3 is $300. I paid that price fore my PS3 an CoD: Modern Warfare 2, so I got a good deal.
AlexxM
AlexxM
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Tue May 25, 2010 2:06 pm

AlexxM wrote:Oh man, this looks amazing... My birthdays this Thursday and I asked for LBP, and I'm almost positive I'll get it. But man that game looks amazing, with the awesome and the cool stuff and thyggggggggggggjhfggggggggjsggggggggggjtgggggggkldsfgggggggggggggggggg'ki[Ommjp;o Woe, I just passed out from amazingness! Also Aegonian, what's your PSN name?
My PSN name is Aegonian, exactly the same as on Spore. I'll rpbably use that name on any game that will be used for the Elithian Alliance. What's you PSN name, btw?
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information YvlSz LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Empty LittleBigPlanet 2 Information SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Tue May 25, 2010 3:50 pm

I won't be that anytime soon then...
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexxM Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:13 pm

ATMLVE is mine(ATM are my initials, and MLVE is my last name, missing several letters, you have to sound it our right). I got little big planet a week ago for my birthday, and it's awesome! I want to make an Elithian level with one of those ships where you get inside, it closes up, launches, and when it slams into something it opens back up, but I don't know how and I can't find a tutorial...
AlexxM
AlexxM
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:18 pm

I totally forgot to tell you guys here, but my first Elithian level, called 'The journey to Elithia' has been shared some days ago. It features a Hyvonian cruiser on its way to Elithia. Its story is a little behind on the actual story as Creaton's on board that cruiser, but the LBP story will soon catch up with the actual story.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexxM Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Is that the one we played with the ten trillion green wires that look like giant spider webs?
AlexxM
AlexxM
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:36 pm

AlexxM wrote:Is that the one we played with the ten trillion green wires that look like giant spider webs?
Yup, that's the one we played yesterday. Those were a LOT of wires...
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexxM Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:54 am

Click it now. You won't regret it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9JmVZTE0As
AlexxM
AlexxM
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Empty New Video: Adventure Trailer

Post by Goober09 Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:52 pm

A new video was posted on the LBP Website showing some of the new things in LBP2 (as well as the story mode).

Warning: This video contains information on the new story mode in LBP2. You have been warned:

http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en-us/news/article/littlebigplanet_2_adventure_trailer/

Goober09
Goober09
Calion
Calion

THEA-Points : 5266

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Those power gloves will come in handy. With them, our sackboys can finally throw bombs, instead of shooting one from a usually static cannon. I hope there will be something like a melee weapon too, that would be awesome...
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down